Independent Senior Living Collaborative
- ZERO cost to you and covered by insurance for your residents!
- Establish a functional baseline to catch small changes and declines before they are a problem!!
- Have a ‘go to’ healthcare professional to offer consults, advice and referrals
- First lines of defense when you or your residents notice changes in balance, stamina, and/or memory
- Constant collaboration with residents’ primary care physicians
- Home assessments and home-based visits for convenience
- Keep residents in their apartments longer!
- Provide support and ease when transitioning to higher level of care (if applicable)
How does it work?
The Independent Senior Living Collaborative is a program designed specifically for senior living apartments and communities to keep residents in their own homes throughout the aging process. Occupational therapists work in long term care facilities and nursing homes evaluating and designing programs and interventions to prevent physical and mental declines to maintain all current functions. Early intervention is key!! Occupational therapy is now in the community practicing the same function in order to keep people out of these facilities!
- Alternative pain management approach
- Rehabiliation after joing replacement, upper body fracture, stroke, fall or other traumatic medical event
- Balance training
- Personalized home exercise program
- General heart and lung conditioning after illness
- Establish a physical baseline to monitor for declines
Dementia, Alzheimer’s and Memory
- Find out if your memory is typical for your age
- Establish baseline to be monitored as you get older
- Ensure cognitive enhancement medications are having and effect
- Determine if your current living environment is safe/appropriate
Aging in Place Approach
- Home Assessment
- Ensure living space is suitable and acceptable
- Training on beneficial adaptive equipment
- Monitor and intervent after decline in dressing, bathing, mobility, eating, cleaning, and other every day meaningful activities
What services are offered?
The Independent Senior Living Collaborative is a program offered by board-certified, NYS licensed, and insured occupational therapists. Occupational therapists are trained to offer physical rehabilitation, evaluations and interventions for Dementia, Alzheimer’s, and memory deficits, as well as Aging in Place approaches!
How Does the Independent Senior Living Collaborative Work?
Meet with an Aging with Purpose Independent Senior Living Collaborative representative to discuss questions and formal collaboration.
Call 716-235-3013 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule a Presentation or ‘Meet and Greet’
A representative from Aging with Purpose will come to your community/complex to meet your residents, introduce the program, and answer any questions that may arise.
Your residents can call Aging with Purpose with Questions, Concerns, or to Schedule an Evaluation
The Independent Senior Living Collaborative is the first line of defense regarding aging in place, physical declines, or memory concerns! Not only does occupational therapy provide in-home physical rehabilitation after hospitalization, but any time someone feels as though they are experiencing a decline, an occupational therapist (OT) can come to them for an evaluation!! The OT assigned to your community will use the resident’s physical/cognitive baseline profile to help your resident determine if they should be concerned, be issued a referral to a doctor/specialist by their OT, or be appropriate for a short therapy program for strengthening, conditioning, or memory!! The best part is the occupational therapist comes right to your resident!!!
**If you notice a decline in your resident, you can help him/her by having them call Aging with Purpose immediately to ensure everything is well and they are not experiencing a functional/cognitive decline which may lead to institutionalization!!!
Record Keeping and Primary Care Physician Collaboration
The Independent Senior Living Collaborative is offered by therapists licensed, certified, and insured by New York State. As state-certified and registered occupational therapists, primary care physicians will always be contacted and ‘kept in the loop’. Patient-safety is the utmost priority for Aging with Purpose and collaboration with a full medical team is important! Furthermore, once someone is evaluated and treated by Aging with Purpose occupational therapy, records are maintained to ensure the occupational therapist assigned to your community can catch a decline at any time throughout the resident’s aging process!
Priceless value to your residents, ZERO cost to you!
Collaboration between your senior apartment complex and occupational therapy will increase quality of life among your residents, provide value to your community, and promote aging in place despite various diagnoses and conditions. The best part? It is covered by insurance!